Transfer of property

Transfer of property

MBW admin 0 Comments

Your property-related legal queries answered by S.C. RAGHURAM, Partner, RANK Associates, a Chennai-based law firm

My late father had executed a registered settlement deed of his apartment in Chennai in favour of my children (who are minors). My mother is no more. How do I get the property transferred in the name of my children? How do I change property, water tax assessment and the EB service connection?



If the settlement was absolute, the property was already transferred in the name of your children from the said date and your children are the absolute owners of the property since then. As of now, you have to only transfer the assessments in their names. You can make an application to the concerned authorities by enclosing the true copies of settlement deed and if necessary, the death certificate of your father.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *