Seeking justice

Seeking justice

MBW admin 0 Comments

Your property-related legal queries answered by S.C. RAGHURAM, Partner, RANK Associates

My husband registered for an apartment in a project which was nearing completion. The builder promised a delivery date.When the property documents were verified by PF authorities for fund sanction, we got to know that there were deviations in the project. However, the builder assured my husband that it was a minor issue.

But the month after registration, authorities sealed the building.

The builder was ordered to make modifications. The seal was removed and construction resumed in a slow pace. The builder asked for the balance of the flat cost and my husband paid 90% of the cost. But the building was sealed again for non-compliance.

Although the construction was completed, the modification process is still on.

My question is, under RERA, how can I get compensation for the delay?

Asha Rameshbabu

If the building was almost completed in 2016 and occupied as well, the project may not come under RERA. You can approach the consumer court for necessary remedies.

The Consumer Protection Act is capable of providing you appropriate relief.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *